There is nothing as refreshing as having an iced or chilled mixed drink, especially in a party or when you hang out with your friends. Many see cocktails as a female drink, but there is absolutely nothing wrong for a man to prefer cocktails to beer.
And if you haven’t tried a cocktail as a man, you are really missing out. However, in this article, our interest is focused on cocktails that will be more interesting to men than women. Here is a list of top 10 cocktails for men.
10. Mojitos: Although this classic drink has several variations, the Brazilian Caipirinha is the most popular. White rum, lime juice, mint, sugar, and water are the ingredients used to prepare this drink.
To make a good Mojito, ensure you crush the mint leaves properly to bring out the full flavor. The origin of this drink is not known; however, we believe this delicious drink originated from Havana, Cuba.
9. Sazerac: This drink is the official cocktail in New Orleans, it was named after a brand of cognac. The ingredients include whiskey or cognac, absinthe, sugar and bitters. The Sazerac is one of America’s oldest cocktail according to some historians.
8. Rum and Coke: This is a popular drink in many restaurant and bars served with either lime juice or a lime garnish; this drink is also called the Cuba Libre. This drink originated from Havana, and the ingredients used to prepare it is very cheap; this is one of the very reasons the drink became more popular.
7. Tom Collins: This is another drink you should try, its ingredients include sugar, lemon juice, gin and carbonated water. This cocktail has been in existence since the 1860s, but the origin is vague. Many believe the drink was invented by John Collins, a waiter in London.
6. White Russian: This creamy cocktail was not created in Russia, but got the name because vodka is one of its ingredients. Other ingredients used in the preparation of this drink include a coffee liqueur and cream.
If this drink is prepared without cream, then you get a slight variation of the drink with the named Black Russian. Despite this is a popular cocktail taken by men, women can also enjoy taking it.
5. Bloody Mary/Caesar: This classic drink is one of the most complicated cocktails in the world. The ingredients used in the preparation of this drink include different varieties of vegetables and spices such as pepper, salt, celery, Tabasco sauce, olives and Worcestershire sauce and many others. The difference between the Bloody Mary and Caesar is the use of Tomato juice and Clamato respectively.
4. Old Fashioned: You can use either brandy or whisky as the spirit of choice during preparation. This classic drink is prepared by combining blended sugar, blended bitters, spirit and lemon or lime. This drink is believed to have originated in the 1880s at a gentlemen’s club in Kentucky and was featured as the favorite drink of Don Draper of Mad Men fame.
3. Jack and Coke: As the name implies, this drink is made by combining Jack Daniels whiskey and Coca-Cola. This drink was first prepared by the United States Bureau of Chemistry in 1907. This drink gained more popularity when a beverage that combines both drink was released by Jack Daniels.
2. Gin and Tonic: This drink has appeared in many TV shows, comic books and books. It is prepared by combining tonic water and gin, and sometimes with lime to improve taste. This cocktail was created in India by British East India company and was prepared with tonic or quinine water to prevent malaria.
1. Martini: The martini is a classic beverage that became a major cocktail of the mid-20th century. The drink is prepared by combining vodka with dry warmouth or gin with lime or olives. This drink comes in several flavor such as the espresso martini, the chocolate martini and the appletini.